Cast iron cookware is the the best kitchen utensil for frying or sautéing. The more you use the pan, the more non-stick the pan becomes. Over time, a simple cast iron pan will become more nonstick than high end nonstick pans. That said, the sooner you can break in a cast iron pan the better. To break in a cast iron pan
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Wash the cast iron pan with steel wool and warm water.
3. Place the cast iron pan on a stove burner and heat the pan.
4. Once the cast iron pan is dry, rub vegetable oil on both side of the pan.
5. Place the cat iron pan upside down on a cookie sheet in the oven.
6. Bake the cast iron pan for one hour.
Follow these steps once a year to keep that cast iron pan in great shape.
Need a cast iron pan? Here is a GREAT pan to get you started.