When times get tough, the tough make play-dough. This simple, malleable substance can keep kids entertained for an hour or more. And while they are entertained, you could be getting stuff done around the house (Yeah!).
Here are the basic ingredients that you will need:
2 cups water
2 cups flour
1 cup salt
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 teaspoons cream of tarter
Food coloring of your choice
Here are the steps to make this thing happen:
1. Mix all the dry ingredients (flour, salt) in a pan.
2. Slowly mix in the water and oil over medium heat to the dry ingredients.
3. Stir until the texture is smooth and can be formed into a ball.
4. Remove dough from pan and let cool.
5. Knead dough with a little flour until desired elasticity is achieved.
6. Divide dough into half or quarters.
7. Knead in desired food coloring (a few drops each).
That’s it. Store in ziplock bags or plastic containers.